Hi Pendaries golfers! Welcome to Pendaries Pro Golf Tips, This is Monty Mills your PGA pro shop manager.
Today I would like to talk about golf course etiquette. First I would like to thank everyone who is helping us repair the golf course by using the cart paths. This will help the grass regenerate especially where we are working on reseeding the fairways that need it.
Next I would like to address courtesy in golf. This applies to almost every situation involving golf etiquette.
- It is courteous to let someone play through if they are much faster than you.
- It is courteous to repair ball marks and divots.
- It is courteous to be aware of others so as not to disturb their play.
- It is courteous to make newcomers feel welcome.
- It is courteous to keep up your pace of play so as to not affect the groups behind you.
- It is courteous to not walk across someone’s putting line or be moving where they can see you when they are hitting.
I hope you agree courtesy is a good place to start for golf course etiquette.
I would like to say that I have observed some very courteous and thoughtful golfers at Pendaries, and this golf community seems to be a pretty happy one.
If you are interested in further golf course etiquette information there are several resources available when you google ‘golf course etiquette’.
We have some excellent specials for NM residents in August, including FREE golf – so be sure to check out our Facebook and Instagram pages @PendariesNM!
If you’re ready to book a tee time, BOOK HERE or call the Pro Shop @ 505.425.9890.
I want to thank everyone for your time and look forward to seeing you at the course!